August 5, 2017

Disneybound summary: July

We're back with a new late edition of monthly Disneybounds! It seems like I've kept a somewhat steady pace posting at least four Disney-inspired outfits per month (one for each week of the month), though my goal is to increase this kind of post and, at least, double it. Let's see how I do in August!

In the past few weeks I incarnated four different Disney characters through fashion, portraying their personalities with cool and beautiful ensembles put together by yours truly. Belle, Duchess, Jasmine and Minnie Mouse (girl power!) were my characters of choice this time. My favorite one was definitely Belle, whose outfit I tried to match with the live-action movie ensemble. And in case you were wondering: the floral underskirt is actually a tactically-positioned scarf! You can also see me holding a vintage Chip cup from the 90's. The blue ruffled dress I wore is one of my favorite clothes ever (made by Super Dry). I'll make sure to review it later in another blog post.

There's a short story behind the Minnie-inspired skirt that I'm wearing in one of these pictures. During a Disney trip I made with my family years ago, I saw a little girl walking through the park sporting a skirt just like this one. I immediately fell in love with it and proceeded to look for that same skirt in every single park shop and Disney store, but it was nowhere to be found. I can only assume that her mother made it for her, so I decided to make one for myself. I believe it was the first skirt I ever made from scratch, since I was only beginning to get serious with sewing. Since then I've had lots of people complimenting me for it and even asking me to lend it to them.

Duchess was the easiest one to put together, keeping it classy and simple with a white dress, golden accents, and an elegant hair up-do. Contrasting with my previous "The Aristocats" Marie Disneybound, this white dress is more formal and graceful, while Maries's is playful and juvenile. Fun fact: I wore this white dress to my civil wedding! Finally, Jasmine was quite a challenge since apparently, I only own a couple of clothes in teal/turquoise shades. However, they matched perfectly and fit wonderfully with the vintage golden accessories that I was able to borrow from my mother, gather and combine with the outfit. I was especially impressed with how the shirt looked with the belt. It has been my most popular Disneybound so far, and I'd even add that it's one of the best-looking of all!

If you haven't already, follow me on Instagram @edu_and_joy to keep track of my Disneybounds, sewing projects and other adventures. See you later! 

1 comment:

  1. Four yesses! As in X Factor. Definitely you've got it.

    ReplyDelete