July 1, 2017

Disneybound summary: June & May

I'd been wanting to join the Disneybounder community of the world since some time now. So, I've recently started to prepare and post on our Instagram my very own Disneybounds with regularity, and my goal is to keep that same rhythm. For those of you that the term "Disneybound" doesn't ring any bells, it all goes back to the year 2011, when blogger Leslie Kay began posting Disney-inspired outfits in a Tumblr account. In her own words, Disneybound is "a way of showing your love and appreciation of Disney through fashion". 

This idea has since become a trend and thousands of Disney fans have joined in the fun, sporting creative outfits resembling their favorite Disney characters and harvesting a broad community of followers. Disneybounders should guide themselves by their chosen character's color palette and style, but may tweak their look following special holidays (like Halloween, Christmas, Dapper Day, etc) or add in particular themes to achieve festival looks, dapper fashions, summer styles, and others.

Disneybounding is a great idea for those who love Disney but don't feel comfortable or simply dislike wearing costumes and cosplaying characters. The good thing about Disneybounding is that you can be as subtle as you like or as obvious as you can, without hitting the road to costuming. From your shoes to your head, it's your job to choose what clothes to wear and which accessories to add that suit your Disney style. The picture below features all my Disneybounds from the past two months. Can you name them all? (The answers are hidden in the tags by the end of the post).

The most natural Disneybounds that came to me were Snow White and Esmeralda; I didn't even have to put much thought into their outfits, as I had mentally imagined them a while back. In fact, I even once dressed up unintentionally like Snow White and got quoted for it. Ariel was also easy because I'd recently purchased the green tie dye dress and thought it reminded me so much about the Little Mermaid. I struggled a little bit finding the right fit with the cardigan, but managed to make it work. Moana, Boo and Zeus were very fun to put together because I had the perfect meant-to-be accessories for each of the outfits, and it seemed like all the clothes were waiting for me to use them for Disneybounds. Finally, Pegasus and Marie followed a white hue with different contrasting colors and accents. I really love how the spunky blue wig added a bit of craze to Pegasus!

If you want to know where I get the clothes for each outfit, go ahead and skip into my Instagram account. Likes and follows are quite appreciated! I'll be posting a monthly summary of my Disneybounds by the end of each month, but you can still see them regularly through our account.

Follow our Instagram @edu_and_joy and stay tuned for more Disneybound summaries and other cool blog posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment