April 14, 2017

A late Valentine's date

Two months have gone by after Valentine's Day festivities, but I'm still celebrating because love is everywhere! To commemorate this lovely day, I'm sharing the pics of my chosen ensemble for the day.
Naturally, just like Aerosmith's song says "Pink is the color of passion, 'cause today it just goes with the fashion", I chose a bright pink princess dress that I confectioned a couple of years ago, but I never had a good opportunity to wear it.
 
The dress is made of a slightly heavy and somewhat shiny synthetic fabric in an almost neon pink hue. It features a bodice with puffy sleeves and a square neckline, complete with a gathered skirt. To add a finishing touch, I added a light pink ribbon to the waist. I also wore light pink heels (by Zabumba), a small red heart-shaped hair clip, a tiny silver heart-shaped pendant necklace, and a combination of different white and pink bracelets in different tones and shapes.
What I love the most about endowing my dresses with full skirts is the flare and movement they provide to them, allowing the skirts to swing freely when you dance, move or walk. Adding a petticoat underneath makes them even puffier, and the dress feels like a small version of a princess gown.
Keep celebrating love with tiny details every day. Hooray for pink!

Stay tuned for more fashion and crafts posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment